STEAM Competition 2023
The STEAM Competition is an exciting opportunity for Nigerian children aged 6-15 in primary and secondary schools to explore the world of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM).
This competition provides students with a platform to showcase their creativity, problem-solving skills, and uncover their potential in the STEAM fields.
The theme for this year’s competition is focused on Recycling, Environmental Sustainability, and Renewable Energy.
Competition Prizes: Two million naira worth of prizes is to be won.
Process for the STEAM Competition
Here’s the process for the STEAM Competition:
- Apply: This is the first step in the competition. Participants submit their applications to participate in the competition.
- Short-listing: In this stage, a panel of judges reviews the entries received and selects a shortlist of the most eligible participants.
- Selecting the semi-finalists: Based on the shortlist, the judges select a group of semi-finalists.
- Voting: The public is given the opportunity to vote for their favorite semi-finalists who will make it to the final round.
- Selecting the finalists: Based on the results of the voting and the judgment of the judges, 5 finalists are selected and notified.
- Pitching: The finalists will make their presentations at the STEAM Fun Fest in July to determine the winner.
Have questions about the STEAM Competition?
Download the FAQs and guidelines by clicking here
Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible for the competition, interested students must meet the following criteria:
- Age: Participants must be between the ages of 6 and 15.
- School enrollment: Participants must be enrolled in a primary or secondary school in Nigeria
- Theme: The competition entries must be related to the theme of Recycling, Environmental Sustainability, and Renewable Energy.
- Original work: Participants must submit original work generated by them.